fbpx
Connect with us

News

‘Nimfa’ intensifies into tropical storm — PAGASA

Published

on

MANILA, Philippines — Weather disturbance “Nimfa” has intensified into a tropical storm, the state weather bureau said on Thursday.

At 4 p.m., Nimfa was last spotted at 735 kilometers (km) east of Basco, Batanes. The weather disturbance is packing maximum sustained winds of up to 65 kilometer per hour (kph) and gustiness of up to 80 kph.

Pagasa said “frequent to moderate with occasional heavy rains” will persist over Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Central Luzon, Cagayan mainland, Isabela, Quirino, and Nueva Vizcaya.

Meanwhile, occasional light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains will be experienced over Metro Manila and Calabarzon.

Pagasa also said that scattered rains and isolated thunderstorms will affect Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Calamian Islands, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, Camarines province, and Catanduanes.

Pagasa also noted that Nimfa could leave the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Saturday morning, Sept. 21. /je Source: Inquirer.net

Continue Reading
12 Comments

12 Comments

1. vurtil opmer

November 13, 2019 at 2:07 am

Great wordpress blog here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! take care

2. Phung Paciorek

November 21, 2019 at 5:45 am

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

3. tinyurl.com

November 24, 2019 at 7:46 am

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

4. http://tinyurl.com/wlwqnsk

November 25, 2019 at 12:20 am

Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to tears at work so
    I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I love the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I
    get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded
    on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just
    3G .. Anyhow, very good site!

5. plenty of fish dating site

November 27, 2019 at 1:36 am

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave
    it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.”
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

6. ps4 games

November 29, 2019 at 9:18 am

Highly energetic blog, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

7. quest bars cheap

December 1, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it 😉 I will return yet again since I book-marked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and
    continue to guide other people.

8. quest bars cheap

December 2, 2019 at 6:07 pm

whoah this blog is excellent i love studying your posts. Keep up the
    great work! You realize, a lot of individuals are hunting around for this
    info, you can aid them greatly.

9. quest bars cheap coupon twitter

December 3, 2019 at 9:21 am

What’s up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every
    one is getting more from this website, and your views are pleasant in favor of new users.

10. quest bars cheap coupon twitter

December 3, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before
    but after looking at many of the articles I realized it’s new to me.

Regardless, I’m definitely pleased I came across it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

11. quest bars cheap

December 4, 2019 at 11:56 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your
    website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Fantastic work!

12. ps4 games

December 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Your style is so unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark
    this page.

Your email address will not be published.

News

November 1, 2020, Sunday – All Saints’ Day
December 8, 2020, Tuesday – Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
December 31, 2020, Thursday – last day of the year

Additional special non-working holidays:

November 2, 2020, Monday
December 24, 2020, Thursday

Malacañang will issue proclamations to declare national holidays for Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined.

Continue Reading

News

Philippines eyes bid to host 2030 Asian Games

Published

on

MANILA, Philippines — Even before the conclusion of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games, the government is already setting its sights on the Asian Games a decade away.

Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, chairman of the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc), said yesterday he would make the proposal to President Duterte.

“I’m preparing a long memo to the President to ask if we can bid (for the 2030 Asian Games). If we do win that bid, the host will be the administration after the next administration. So we will have a good 10-year period to prepare,” Cayetano said in an interview.

The opening ceremony of the SEA Games on Nov. 30 has won praise, although it has not been free of controversy. Cayetano believes that hosting another international event would be a good investment for the country.

“Remember, in 2023, we will host the basketball World Cup. And in 2016 or 2017 we hosted the World Cup in volleyball. Industry-wise, this will bring in big money and employment opportunities to Filipinos if we develop our sports tourism,” he stressed.

The Speaker said he had discussed the matter with the Philippine Olympic Committee president and Cavite 8th district Rep. Bambol Tolentino, who favored the proposal.

Cayetano suggested that the Duterte administration may pass on the bid to the next administration, and then to the next administration that would be in charge of the hosting.

“What is advantageous with the Asian Games is that venues need not be just in Luzon, and you can actually build facilities in the Visayas and Mindanao,” the representative of Taguig and Pateros pointed out, Philippine Star reports.

Continue Reading

News

DENR shuts down 4 open dump sites in Pampanga

Published

on

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga—The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) shuts down last week four illegally operating dump sites in this province.

Environment Undersecretary Benny Antiporda, for Solid Waste Management and Local Government Unit Concerns, issued the cease-and-desist order (CDO) against the City of San Fernando, and municipal governments of Bacolor and Porac for operating the illegal dump sites.

The open dump sites were located at Lara village in City of San Fernando, Maliwalo in Bacolor town, and barangays San Jose Matli and Matli Dos, both in the town of Porac.

“Poor waste management at dump sites poses serious threats, not just to the environment, but also to public health. That is why, we are taking our messaging to uphold proper waste disposal to a higher level to encourage communities, especially our local government units, to not make open fields as repository areas for wastes,” he said.

Under the law, establishment and maintenance of an open dumpsite is strictly prohibited.

The DENR found mixed garbage of plastics, diapers, polystyrene and even hospital wastes like syringes and tubings in the dump site.

Antiporda said the DENR is keeping an eye on the operations of illegal dump sites, since it bears a serious impact on the ongoing cleanup and rehabilitation of Manila Bay.

“We cannot clean Manila Bay if we allow this,” he said, pointing out that dump sites have leachate, which could flow to nearby rivers and bodies of water.

The DENR also summoned the local chief executives and their respective municipal councils to explain the operations of the illegal dump sites and to present their immediate plan of action for the closure and rehabilitation of these garbage dumps.

“They [municipalities] were given seven days to explain the illegal operation of the dump site, as supported by the necessary documents, clearances and other permits issued pertaining to the implementation of the disposal site,” he said.

Republic Act 9003, or the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000, provides that no open dumps shall be established and operated, nor any practice or disposal of solid waste by any person, including local government units, which constitutes the use of open dumps for solid wastes, is allowed.

Any person found violating the law shall be fined with P500,000 plus an amount not less than 5 percent but not more than 10 percent of its net annual income during the year.

But if local government officials and officials of a national agency are found guilty of violating the law, they can be charged administratively in accordance with Republic Act 7160, or the Local Government Code.

Meanwhile, Mayor Edwin Santos denied the existence of an open dump site in the City of San Fernando.

“We are not operating an open dump site. We only have the City Transfer Station,” Santiago said in a statement following the issuance of a CDO against the operation of the facility in Lara village here.

City Environment and Natural Resources Officer Regina Rodriguez also said no dump site is operating in the city.

Rodriguez said the former dump site has been converted to a transfer station when it was rehabilitated through the city’s greening program.

“We are fully implementing RA 9003. From the garbage collection, to the sorting and transferring, our system works. We are in partnership with the Metro Clark Waste Management Corp., which collects the garbage every day from our transfer station. We will never tolerate the existence of an open dump site here in San Fernando,” he said.

Rodriguez added that the transfer station was reviewed and approved by the DENR Region 3 pursuant to the Department’s Administrative Order 9, Series of 2006, or the “General Guidelines in the Closure and Rehabilitation of Open Dump site and Controlled Dump Facilities.”

Marna Dagumboy Del Rosario/PNA