fbpx
Connect with us

Lifestyle

San Fernando lanterns light up Pampanga’s major roads

Published

on

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga — Christmas is in the air in this city dubbed as the “The Christmas Capital of the Philippines”.

With only 56 days before Christmas, one can feel the spirit of the yuletide season as the city’s major thoroughfares are now adorned with the famous “Parol San Fernando.”

During the “Lights and Lanterns: Launching of San Fernando Citywide Christmas Decoration 2018” held Tuesday, the iconic Pampanga lanterns were officially lit up along Jose Abad Santos Avenue and Heroes’ Hall here to mark the beginning of the Christmas season.

Arvin Quiwa, a renowned Fernandino lantern maker, who created the designs and figures of this year’s lights and lanterns, shared the innovation that makes the “parol” noteworthy to this day.

“The theme ‘lights and lanterns’ is part of the innovation in our designs through the use of LED (light-emitting diode). And because we are innovating, the identity and market of our lanterns are expanding,” he said.

Mayor Edwin Santiago, for his part, said the “parol” is San Fernando’s utmost symbol, as it injects “cultural excellence” and “investment stability” to the city.

“One major factor why we are being visited by local and international audience is our culture. The lanterns are our culture and lantern-making is our industry — when combined, we are not just doing culture promotion, we also expand our capacity in investment,” the mayor said.

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Region 3 Director Judith Angeles, meanwhile, congratulated the city for making the event a major success.

“I heard that they have been doing the activity for four years now and I am grateful for having the opportunity to witness it. I was amazed by the talents and creativity of Fernandinos, and I warmly congratulate the city government, of course, Mayor Santiago,” she said.

Aside from the ceremonial light up, Christmas carols by the city choir and performances from young and talented Fernandinos, including the Rondangklung Ensemble from Dolores and Sinukwan dancers from Northville, added color to the event that highlighted the rich Kapampangan culture. (PNA)

Continue Reading
16 Comments

16 Comments

1. tinyurl.com

November 24, 2019 at 8:34 am

Helpful information. Lucky me I found your site unintentionally, and I am shocked
    why this accident didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

2. http://tinyurl.com/tmdxyz3

November 25, 2019 at 12:07 am

May I simply say what a comfort to find a person that truly understands
    what they are talking about on the net. You definitely
    understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story.
    I can’t believe you are not more popular because you surely possess the gift.

3. coconut oil are

November 25, 2019 at 8:18 pm

These are really enormous ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some fastidious things here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

4. plenty of fish dating site

November 27, 2019 at 5:02 am

Thanks , I have recently been searching for information approximately this subject for a long time
    and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what in regards to the bottom line?
    Are you sure in regards to the source?

5. ps4 games

November 29, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could
    locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

6. quest bars cheap

December 2, 2019 at 6:57 am

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to
    make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about,
    why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be
    giving us something informative to read?

7. quest bars cheap coupon twitter

December 3, 2019 at 4:01 am

Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!

8. ps4 games

December 6, 2019 at 6:06 am

What’s up, yeah this paragraph is really good and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging.

thanks.

9. ps4 games

December 6, 2019 at 7:44 am

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but
    after reading through some of the post I realized
    it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it
    and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!

10. ps4 games

December 6, 2019 at 3:43 pm

It’s an awesome paragraph for all the internet users; they will get benefit from it I
    am sure.

11. ps4 games

December 7, 2019 at 12:01 am

Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good spirit.

12. ps4 games

December 7, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Thanks in support of sharing such a nice thought, paragraph is
    good, thats why i have read it entirely

13. quest bars cheap

December 7, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Hello, I check your blogs daily. Your writing style is witty,
    keep it up!

14. quest bars cheap

December 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm

It’s actually very complicated in this busy life to listen news
    on TV, so I just use the web for that reason,
    and get the newest news.

15. quest bars cheap

December 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm

Hi! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous
    room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward
    this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!

16. free trial match.com

January 1, 2020 at 4:54 am

Hello! I’ve been reading your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas!
    Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Health

Red Meat Hurts Your Heart, Right? Scientists Find That May Not Be True

Published

on

• A new study finds that eating red meat isn’t associated with an increased risk of cancer or heart disease.
  • This goes against long-held scientific opinion that red meat is associated with an increased risk of certain health conditions.
  • But experts say this doesn’t mean you can eat burgers every day, and that more research needs to be done.

We’ve heard it for years: Cut back on red meat in favor of lean meats like fish or chicken. But now researchers say there’s evidence red meat may not be quite as bad for our health as we’ve thought.

A rigorous review of the evidence finds little to no health benefit from reducing red or processed meat consumption from average levels. But don’t think this means you can go and have a burger every day.

The findings were published trusted Source today in the Annals of Internal Medicine. Via HealthLine.com

Continue Reading

Food

Too Much Bubble Tea Can Make You Constipated

Published

on

Many individuals seek the refreshing taste of bubble tea as a cool treat on a hot day. However, a recent report made by the digital news platform Asia One is slowly making enthusiasts of the drink wonder if it indeed poses serious health problems.

According to the statement, a 14-year-old was rushed to a Chinese hospital because of stomach pains that were believed to have been caused by drinking too much bubble tea that contains about a hundred tapioca pearls. The doctors who observed the patient said that those pearls might have build up inside her body, resulting in a blockage.

At first glance, it seems like a sensationalized narrative, but it did take place. If there is anything that one needs to learn from the situation, it is to enjoy things in moderation.

Dr. Ryan Marino, an emergency physician at UPMC in Pittsburgh, admits that it could be possible for tapioca to stick together in the stomach which may eventually lead to constipation.

He believes that such a situation is supported by the possibility of uncooked and undercooked tapioca pearls that are not easily digested by the stomach. He also thinks that to experience a severe problem, one would have to drink large amounts of bubble tea. Allegedly, the girl revealed that she drank one bubble tea before being rushed to the hospital.

There are indeed many causes of constipation that people may not be aware of. Truly, drinking bubble tea is one of these causes. That said, Marino emphasized the importance of maintaining a healthy diet.

He said that the amount of water people drink in a day could make them more or less constipated as well. Therefore, someone who drinks bubble tea way too much and getting a significant blockage is an extreme example. If one is drinking something that is doused in sugar, it is crucial to keep the body hydrated.

The verdict? Always remember to drink bubble tea sparingly. If people want to enjoy their boba, the first step that should be taken into account is the regular habits one need to do like drinking plenty of water.

Continue Reading

Travel

Colorful hot air balloons soar in Lubao

Published

on

LUBAO, Pampanga – More than 20 hot air balloons soared through the summer skies at the start of the 6th Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival on Friday.

The gates opened as early as 4 in the morning followed by the launch of several hot air balloons at 5:30 a.m.

“The weather seems to be cooperating. We had some glitches last night with some of the equipment failure, nag-check ‘yung pilots but we were able to address them all,” said event chairman Noel Castro.

There are 10 specially shaped hot air balloons like the polar bear, Elvis Presley, crib, blue chicken, pig and a lot more, all flying for the first time in the Philippines.

“Umalis kami ng 1:30 from Pasay and then dumating kami dito around 4 in the morning so just in time for the opening of the gates…so far so good,” said Rachel Anne Dajao.

(We left Pasay at 1:30 and arrived here at 4 in the morning just in time for the opening of the gates. So far so good.)

Balloon pilots were also thankful for the good weather Friday.

The event will also feature aerial shows, ultralight, and car shows, off-road and rallycross as well as a fireworks display and a music festival from the hottest bands and artist.

The price for general admission is at P350 while a hot air balloon ride costs about P15,000 and a tethered balloon ride at P1,500 only.

The event will run until Sunday, April 7, 2019.

Continue Reading